We all know her as the first runner up in the 2017 Big Brother Nigeria (BBN) reality show but Bisola Aiyeola is actually more than that. She is a talented actor, singer, comedian and an all-round entertainer.
Not many of us know her story, before she entered the BBN house, how she struggled from different auditions and shows before she finally attained this present fame.
Well, this post is all about Bisola and her rise to success plus all the other things you didn’t know about her.
1. Bisola Aiyeola was born in 1986 in the United Kingdom to a rich family until they hit some major hurdles when she was 8-years old and harsh reality set in.
Bisola at 4 with her siblings and Aunt
2. She has two siblings, an elderly brother and a younger sister. She is also a single mother of an 8-year old girl, Leyla.
3. Bisola enrolled in Primary and secondary school but couldn’t further her education to the tertiary level due to funds. She also enrolled in the National Open University (NOUN) to study Business Management, still, finances deprived her of continuing.
Bisola, her daughter, mom and siblings
4. Her first shot at fame was at the 2008 edition of the MTN Project Fame reality singing competition where she came fifth.
5. A year later, she got pregnant and had to move to rural Nigeria where she lived with her cousins selling make up to fend for herself and daughter, Leyla.
6. After she decided to be positive about life, Bisola went for auditions for waka pass’ roles in two Africa Magic Original Films. After that, they called her back to act and people were able to see her talent. Since then, she has starred in a good number of Nollywood movies.
7. Bisola is also involved in making skits (short funny videos) and also participated in the Falz Ello Bae Challenge, which she won and this increase her followership on social media.
8. With the money she made from acting, she was able to comfortably feed herself and pay her daughter’s fees.
9. Before finally entering the Big Brother, the 31-year old had been auditioning for about 9 years untill she got accepted in 2017. On one occasion, Bisola went for an audition with her 9-day-old baby and had her sister look after her in the car.
10. Unlike others, Bisola isn’t particularly interested in starting up a foundation. She believes that there are several Non-Governmental organizations that need help in Nigeria so she wants to help Modupe Cole in Yaba; an institution for kids with special needs.
11. Despite her lack of educational status, Bisola Aiyeola is the latest one campaign ambassador, after presenting a very compelling essay during the big brother Nigeria competition. Part of her job will be to educate over 130 million girls and raise awareness on the girl child cause, at the United Nations. She made her first appearance at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) conference at New York only last month.
12. Bisola was once an On Air Personality (OAP) for Nigeria’s 1st Radio station for Women and their families WFM 91.7. She also did voice over for Silverbird billboard show.
See, she’s delved into a bit of everything in her quest for success.
For Bisola she never gives up. She keeps trying and trying all over again, expanding her horizons because she has a purpose which she must fulfill. No matter her past story, she can still create a new one for herself.
According to her: Don’t give up, always push yourself. Fear is a box that limits you physically, limits you mentally. Always give it a trial. If you fail, try again.
Her resilience and determination is admirable, one which everyone should emulate.
She’s not where she wants to be yet but we can see that the future holds alot for her.
Ladies and Gentlemen, behold our Woman Crush Wednesday.