Yesterday was DJ Olu’s candlelight service which was well attended by family and friends and his interment will be held today at the Ikoyi vaults garden, but just before this youngster kiss mother Earth, here are some few things you should know about him especially his budding career.
1. DJ Olu, born Oluwagbemiga Abiodun in 1993 to Nigerian entrepreneur, Dapo Abiodun started off as an underground DJ in 2010 while studying for his “A” levels in England. Graduated in 2016.
2. After dj-ing and headlining numerous parties across the country, It didn’t take long for him to get noticed. In June 2011 he was signed as the official DJ for Davido’s HKN record label.
3. His experience playing at various weddings, birthdays, night clubs and the critically acclaimed 2013 HKN tour proved him to be a versatile entertainer who can cater and please any listening crowd.
4. His involvement with the HKN tour allowed him cater to crowd of different backgrounds. He has entertained crowds in South Africa, Ivory coast, Ghana, Cotonou, Dubai, Miami, Atlanta and numerous cities in the UK.
5. His mixtapes include some of the hottest artists from the scene. Olu is able to mix different genre of music e.g hip-hop, funky, Bashment, Afrobeat, Oldies to create a unique sound.
6. In early 2014 Olu embarked on a single man tour in UK and Canada, selling all shows out, which was the first leg of tour.
7. He also played at the 2014 countdown in Lagos.
8. Prior to his death on Saturday October 7, DJ Olu had a compilation album planned. It contained numerous guests from Africa’s elite performers.
9. In addition, he was already being groomed by his father to take over his business conglomerate.
10. On his Instagram page, DJ Olu already added CEO Heyden, to his profile but unfortunately, he couldn’t live to fulfill that dream.
11. The 24-year old also lived a quiet life but was in a romantic relationship with Ajay Ajimobi, the last daughter of Oyo state governor, Abiola Ajimobi.
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.
Culled from Pulse.ng